Tips for Staying Pest Free
Once the exterminator has serviced your property, your main goal will be remaining pest free. Exterminators can perform a very thorough cleansing of your home or business however what happens after they leave is a major determining factor as to whether or not the pests return. Each exterminator from Rudy’s Exterminating Inc, of Queens, NY is trained to do a comprehensive procedure for managing bed bugs and termite control. They enact proper pest control procedures for the homes and businesses within NYC. They will also inform each client about the best way to keep their homes and businesses pest free.
Below are some tips and guidelines on staying pest free:
- Tip #1: Make sure to seal all cracks in the property’s exterior to effectively keep out ants, spiders, cockroaches, and other pests.
- Tip #2: In addition to sealing the outside, seal all doors and windows with weather stripping and tight fitting screens.
- Tip #3: Put away food or cover until you are ready to store it. Food that remains opened is a breeding ground for bacteria and a landing place for pests.
- Tip #4: Pests can easily enter dresser drawers to nest in clothing and bedding. Consider storing these items in plastic containers to protect against infiltration by pests.
- Tip #5: Ventilate the attic and crawl spaces adequately to discourage nesting of unwanted pests. Proper ventilation creates an environment that is not supportive of cockroaches and other pests.
- Tip #6: Pet food is also a major attraction point for a variety of different types of pests. Never leave pet food to sit out for long periods of time whether indoors or outdoors.
- Tip #7: Rodents and other pests hide out amongst rocks and debris surrounding the home. Remove these to deter pests from hiding out on your property.